|My sweet daughter and cutie pie grandson|
- My 15yo son started public school for the first time, after being homeschooled all his life. He loves it, has made a ton of new friends, and is doing great. He's making straight A's so far - and I've threatened him that he better keep it up!
- Found out I am going to be a grandma - again! Whitney and John are expecting a new little one in October.
- We have two January birthdays in our family - Andy and Whitney, so we celebrated!
|Yep, the candles say "44"! Old man!|
- Pittsburgh went to the Superbowl - how many times is that now? We wore big ugly Steelers jerseys to church, but apparently that didn't bring them good luck since they didn't win.
- Celebrated my husband's promotion to Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force at a special promotion ceremony in San Antonio. Whitney flew in again so she could stay with the younger kids for us, while Andy & I flew down to Texas.
|It took me 45 minutes to curl my hair for that evening! 45 minutes!!!!!|
- I got sick the morning of the ceremony! Sore throat, cough, aches, terrible chest congestion, and fever. I drugged myself up and attended the ceremony; as soon as it was over I went straight to my hotel room, swigged down a dose of Nyquil and went to bed. The plane ride home the next day was horrid. And then...
EVERYONE got sick! Yes, our entire family, including poor, pregnant Whitney. Not only that, but morning sickness kicked in - all-day sickness in her case. She was in no shape to fly home. We made some phone calls and extended her stay, changing her plane ticket home to April 1, with the hopes that morning sickness would be gone by then. The illness hit me the hardest - I was unable to run because of my chest congestion and cough for several weeks.
- My 12 year old turned 13. I now have TWO teenagers in the same house. Lord, help me!
|That's my Sky-Baby with a Texas Sheet Cake - the yummiest and easiest cake ever!|
- Whitney made it back safe and sound to Texas. Her morning sickness is much better now, but she did have a difficult month in March. I'm glad we were able to be here for her, and it was great having River here for so long! He loved the attention from his doting grandparents and aunts and uncle! Hopefully, we didn't spoil him too much. :)
- And that said, I hope to be back to blogging again.